Visiting the Sabarmati Riverfront, don’t know what to do and what not?
The Sabarmati Riverfront is a popular tourist destination in Ahmedabad, India, that offers a range of activities and attractions for visitors. Here are some things you can do at the Sabarmati Riverfront:
1) Take a stroll along the Sabarmati riverfront promenade: The Sabarmati riverfront promenade is a beautifully landscaped walkway that runs along the Sabarmati river. You can take a leisurely stroll, jog, or cycle along the path and enjoy the scenic views of the river.
2) Visit the Sabarmati Riverfront Flower Park: The Sabarmati Riverfront Flower Park is located near the riverfront and is home to a variety of flowers and plants. It is a great place to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature.
Riverfront Flower Park is located on the west side of Riverfront.
Sabarmati Flower Park is a must-visit attraction for anyone visiting Ahmedabad. It's a beautiful park that showcases the region's natural beauty and provides a tranquil oasis in the heart of the city.
3) Enjoy water sports, cruising, or boating on the river:
Taking a boat ride or cruise on the Sabarmati River and enjoying the serene views of the river and the city is the best thing to do at the Sabarmati Riverfront.
The riverfront cruises run every half hour from 10.30 a.m. to 8.30 p.m. (A cruise will cost Rs. 250 per person.)
Also, there are various unique water sports activities available, like Aqua Cycle, Zorbing, Peddle Boat, Jet Ski, River Cruise, Bay Liner, and High Speed Boat.
There are two stations for water sports:
West Bank at the Riverfront near Vallabhsadan
West Bank, near Usmanpura Garden, Gandhi Bridge
4) Cycling at the Sabarmati Riverfront:
The track along the Sabarmati Riverfront is well-maintained and provides a smooth ride, making it ideal for cycling enthusiasts of all ages.
There is a Mybyk Hub from which tourists can rent bicycles in the morning or evening when the air is fresh and the vibe is positive.
You can also enjoy the beautiful and peaceful views of the river and the city skyline.
5) Kayaking at the Riverfront: One of the activities you may do at the Sabarmati Riverfront is kayaking. It is a fantastic activity for both kids and adults.
There are two types of kayaks available: single- and double-seated. (Advance booking is compulsory.)
Ahmedabad Kayaks is located at NID Ghat, 11, Riverfront Road, below Sardar Bridge, Rajnagar Society, and Paldi.
Kayaking roams around 800 metres to 1 km.
6) Riverfront Sports Park: Sports Park is situated behind NID on the west side of Riverfront. The sports park has various sports like tennis, cricket, football, basketball, skating, and a skateboard park.
The total area of this sports park is 35875 sq. m.
7) Biodiversity Park: Biodiversity Park has more than 5,000 trees, including rare tree species. The Biodiversity Park will provide locals and tourists with a place to "solitude" themselves from the monotony of daily life.
8) Riverfront Foot Bridge—Atal Bridge: The Atal Bridge is a significant landmark in Ahmedabad and has become a popular tourist attraction due to its unique design and spectacular views of the Sabarmati River. The kites and the Uttrayan festival served as inspiration for it. Even the chosen colours are similar to kite colours. Moreover, numerous trees have been planted to add some greenery to the bridge.
9) Helicopter Joyride: The Sabarmati Riverfront is a new attraction to increase tourism in Ahmedabad. Taking a helicopter ride will be one of your best decisions at the Sabarmati Riverfront. You will have an incredible experience with the city during the 10-minute helicopter ride.
Maximum 5 persons can sit at one time.
Slots start from 1.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Helicopter Joyride runs only on Saturday and Sunday.
These are just a few of the many things you can do at the Sabarmati Riverfront. Sabarmati Riverfront is a vibrant and lively place that has something for everyone.